Specialist, Operations & IT
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- Finance and Administration
Position Reports to: Manager, Finance and Administration
The COVID crisis and the uprising for racial justice have shone national light on both the urgent work required to build a more just and vibrant society for all Americans and the potential for positive action when our communities mobilize. In most cases, these efforts are spearheaded by nonprofits, community organizations, and their heroic staff who deliver essential services like affordable housing, social justice advocacy, health, youth development, and the arts. Yet these nonprofits and the communities they support operate within a flawed, inequitable funding system that controls their access to resources, impeding their ability to make a difference.
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) is setting out to change that. We know that nonprofit leaders have power when they have access to capital and financial knowledge. Our strategy focuses on helping to shift that power by changing funding and financing practices so more money flows equitably and with less restriction to community-centered organizations led by and serving people of color, so they can be the drivers of their own change.
Read about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion here.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking two Specialist, Operations & IT. The Specialist will support organizational data management and reporting, support the management of our real estate and furnishings portfolio, and contribute to other project-by-project opportunities to engage in the full breadth of NFF’s operations. The Specialist will cross-collaborate with teams across the enterprise to understand and communicate their operational needs, provide thought partnership on system improvements, and support the Operations & IT Team’s ability to deliver user-friendly and effective solutions.
The preference is for the position to be located out NFF’s Los Angeles, Oakland, or New York office locations, however, remote locations will be considered as well. Our teams are currently working remotely. Our offices have re-opened, and staff can opt into in-person work as desired and based on the needs of the role.
There is a potential for up to 10% travel to NFF office locations once it is safe to do so.
The Specialist, Operations & IT will report to the Manager, Finance & Administration.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with different teams to understand the operational needs of each team and the organization
- Work with project team to improve data quality and streamline different data sources, including inputting/uploading data in systems and designing dashboards metrics
- Review data and test reports and dashboards to ensure accuracy
- Develop guidance and training materials on how to update and maintain processes and internal deliverables
- Support the Operations team with Salesforce projects and implementing project management software
- Own, draft, and update content on NFF’s internal intranet to encourage operational best practices of systems, processes, compliance, etc. across the organization
- Provide on-site support with facilities, vendors and other real estate needs
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- You have strong analytical skills and can present analytics in an accessible manner
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have a strong relationship-building approach with the ability to center the needs of stakeholders and clients
- You are a collaborator and demonstrate the ability to work across all levels of an organization and functions
- You are flexible, adaptable, and willing to pivot on short notice to meet the organization’s needs
- You are committed to continuous improvement and demonstrate a growth mindset
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office applications including expertise with Excel and PowerPoint
- You have experience with Asana or another project management software platform (strongly preferred)
- You embody NFF’s mission, core values and commitment to equity
At NFF, we are invested in discussing the depth and breadth of each candidate’s background and experience during the interview process and using that information to determine the best offer. The salary range for this position begins at $57,500. NFF also provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
Nonprofit Finance Fund is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage candidates that will help us live out this commitment to apply.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.